Help is a small-but-mighty word. When we give it, the receiver is encouraged, empowered and feels supported. When we receive it, we feel lighter by sharing our burden with those who are willing to help carry it. Asking for help can be freeing, but it also requires self-reflection and vulnerability, which can be hard and uncomfortable for many. In a culture that puts an emphasis on independence and being self-made people, some believe relying on others shows weakness. In the workplace, some might feel that asking for help communicates they’re incapable of doing their job. This makes it especially difficult when it’s our boss we need to ask for help.
How do you decide whether to handle a problem on your own or take it to your boss? If you can’t resolve the issue on your own, how do you broach the conversation with management to ensure you get the guidance you’re looking for? Left unanswered, these questions can stifle progress or even exacerbate the problem.
That’s why Bright Places developed “When to Ask Your Boss for Help,” an online course that will equip you to effectively seek and gain the assistance you need. Don’t let fear or pride come between you and the resolution of your problem. Let us help you develop effective strategies for more productive conversations with your superiors. Visit our websiite for access to our free course.
This year is all about empowering you to thrive in a world that demands more. Our soon-to-launch Membership Program is designed to equip you with all you need to elevate your talent learning management program. By collaborating with trainers, HR specialists, and industry consultants, we’ve curated exclusive content to inform your LMS platform, trainer guidance and initiatives. As a member, you’ll also gain access to downloadable resources, experienced coaches, and invaluable connections that allow you to collaborate with other industry leaders.
So watch your inbox – the Bright Places Membership Program will go live soon!
Since we were young, we’ve been conditioned to believe that asking for help is a sign of weakness. Industry experts and researchers, however, are saying that collaborative teamwork is vital for success and innovation. In fact, studies have shown that inclusive teams make better business decisions up to 87% of the time (and in half the time!) compared to individuals. Deloitte also found that collaborative teams are five times more likely to be high-performing in creativity and innovation.
By fostering an inclusive culture that exchanges diverse ideas and tackles tasks together, organizations are experiencing increased efficiency, more effective problem-solving, and greater innovation. What is your organization doing to cultivate healthy collaboration and effective communication? If you and your team are missing out on all of these benefits, let us help you turn things around.
I was recently shocked by an eye-opening analysis of my work time over the past two weeks. This revealed the startling reality that I spent 13% of my time in meetings, and the remainder of my work time (a whopping 87%!) was spent answering emails. Determined to reclaim my precious quiet time, I embarked on a journey to reshape my habits in 2024. Here are strategies I’m implementing to reclaim my quiet time, as well as why that mental and emotional rest is so imperative for our success